Tag Archives: goals

The Secrets of a Success Routine


We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”Aristotle

Being successful is a science. Much like how formulas and theories differ, the perfect routine can differ from person to person. However, the greatest performers have several key practices in common. If you’re striving to become the optimal version of yourself, here are a few tricks to add to your daily routine:

1) Wake up early

Robin Sharma, world-class success coach, is convinced the prime hours of the day are between 5 a.m. and 8 a.m.  He even coined the phrase, “the 5 a.m. club,” and it’s often filled with the most productive people.(1) Waking up early gives you time to start your day off strong. It allows you the extra time to implement a routine that drives you toward success. Moreover, it’s scientifically proven we have the most self-discipline when we first wake up. (2) In the midst of a hectic schedule, there’s nothing more relaxing then taking time to enjoy the morning and setting your sights on a productive day.

2) Exercise

Many people make the mistake of thinking exercise is solely for the body. The absolute greatest benefits of exercise are those for your brain.  Exercise makes you feel confident, gives you mental clarity and energy. (2) The health benefits are really endless, that is why it is crucial to be exercising.  For some it might be a morning HIIT session, for others it might be a leisurely walk. There is no wrong way to become active, so begin (or continue to) make that a priority. There is no better time than the present, so start today to become healthier and scientifically happier.

3) Stay health focused

In order to thrive in this competitive world, we need to all the energy we can get. This means exercising, but it also includes eating well and getting plenty of rest. When we eat healthy food, it revs up our metabolism and gives us energy. (3) Getting ample amounts of rest is also essential, but it is quality not quantity that’s most important.  Finding out what works best for your body is the ultimate investment, and there will be a notable difference when you become health oriented.

4) Eat the frog first

Brian Tracy is a master of success, he has helps millions of people achieve their greatest life goals. One of his key principles is to “eat the frog first.”  This phrase sums up an incredibly effective system to prioritizing and being productive. The “frogs” we speak of are the tasks we don’t want to do, but actually need to do. (4) When we get frogs out of the way, we still have the energy to accomplish other tasks we are more willing to do.

5) Set goals

Having goals gives you a map of achievement. It is actually more common to avoid goal setting, but the few individuals that do have seen remarkable results. There was a fascinating study conducted on the 1979 Harvard MBA program asked where graduate students, “have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?”  The results showed that only 3% had written goals and plans, 13% had goals but not in writing, and 84% had no goals at all. Ten years later, the same group was interviewed again and the results were shocking. From a financial point of view the 13% of the class who had goals, but did not write them down was earning twice the amount of the 84% who had no goals.


The 3%? …


The 3% who had written and planned out goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of the class combined. (5) This study only showed the financial earnings, but it is a clear indicator of how impactful written goals can be.



For more information The Secrets of a Success Routine, please visit the following:

(1) www.robinsharma.com/blog/06/be-wise-early-rise/

(2) http://www.fastcompany.com/3033652/work-smart/the-morning-routines-of-the-most-successful-people

(3) http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/246280sd

(4) http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/eat-the-frogs-first-a-guide-to-prioritizing.html

(5) http://www.forbes.com/sites/85broads/2014/04/08/why-you-should-be-writing-down-your-goals/

– See more at: https://winonasearchgroup.com/refresh/templates/blog_entry.php?blog_id=97#sthash.nQTo1hXw.dpuf