$60K – $70K Salary
Position ID: MVS21002
Due to explosive growth and opportunity, client is excited to have an immediate opening for a SonicWall Firewall Engineer reporting onsite to HQ. (Background screening required.) We offer – competitive Salary, tons of Benefits, paid vacation, and a fun-fast paced environment!
- Discover, Configure, Deploy SonicWall & Dell technology as assigned. (Remote and/or Onsite).
- Work directly with customer to properly implement network security.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with customer through Monitoring, Management, Reporting, etc. as applicable.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolution of customer issues.
- Configuration and maintaining systems/products including but not limited to:
- SonicWall Firewalls
- SonicWall, Dell and Brocade Switches
- SonicWall SMA/VPNs
- SonicWall and Aerohive Wireless
- Dell Network Storage
- VMWare Environment
- A.I. Based SIEM
- Network Monitoring Tools
- IP Allocation
Required Qualifications Include:
- Network Plus Certificate
- Security Plus Certificate
- Firewall specific certifications welcome
- 1-2 Years of Experience in networking and network security
- 1-2 years of Understanding and experience with SonicWall products.
- Understanding of firewall, switching, and routing functions such as but not limited to; IDP/IPS, DLP, WAF, GAV, SD-WAN, ACLs, NAT, CFS, SPI, DPI, DPI-SSL, etc.
- Solid understanding of networking technologies and protocols such as but not limited to; TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, OSI Model, VoIP/SIP, static and dynamic routing protocols, DNS, etc.
- Solid understanding of how all pieces of a network fit and function together as well as affect each other. These pieces can include but are not limited to; computers, servers, Active Directory, switches, routers, hubs, firewalls, VPNs, SD-WAN, remote access, wireless, BYOD, etc.
- Experience configuring and installing network infrastructure hardware such as Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, etc.
- Solid understanding of wireless networking.
- Solid understanding of Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Business.
- The ability to work after hours and on weekends if required.
- Solid troubleshooting and problem solving logic.
- Solid organizational skills. Must be able to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner.
- STRONG communication skills both written and verbal.
- EXCELLENT documentation skills.
- The ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical executives and managers at the customer level.