Physical Security Pre-Sales Engineer
$140K – $160K Base, $180K-$200K OTE
Position ID: MVS21010
We are looking for highly technical proven Pre-Sales Engineers to join our commercial team in locations across the US. This role is focused on the West Coast, primarily residing in California. We are a global technology company with offices in the UK, Norway, and the USA. We exist because we believe that we can create a better, smarter way to deliver security. We inject intelligence into our approach to security and all our solutions. We help organizations see, understand, and act on their surroundings to protect their people, business, and reputation in real-time.
Our Pre-Sales Engineers are a critical part of our sales process, working side by side with a very professional sales team. Pre-Sales engineers evangelize the technical aspects of products. An ideal candidate can learn new technologies quickly and incorporate them into our sales motion. This role encourages creativity, problem solving and outside of the box thinking while impacting the future roadmap of the platform.
- Presenting and demonstrating the value of client’s software-defined security platform to partner principals and business leaders
- Complete understanding of the client product and technical capabilities
- Conduct effective POCs with our customer opportunities from discovery meeting through deal close
- Team with Account Executives to close business to meet or exceed sales targets
- Answer technical questions as part of the sales and RFP processes
- Work with internal development team to relay customer feedback so we can incorporate it into our agile development process
- Assist in training our sales partners
- Stay up to date on the competitive landscape
- Working with customers of all sizes, Small, Medium, Large and beyond
You’re not expected to have all of the following skills, but they will be useful in performing your job. However, all experience levels will be considered
- 5+ years’ experience in physical security sales engineering or a pre-sales technical role
- Knowledge and recent experience with next-generation integration and APIs
- Existing experience with cloud technologies and architectures
- Desire to learn new and disruptive technology to the industry
- Start-up and Entrepreneurial experience encouraged
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proven and quantifiable track record of overachievement
- Good all-around knowledge of the security market
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, and takes ownership
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with Physical Security VMS, DVR, NVR, Cameras, Encoders, POE, POS, Access Control and other industry specific technologies.
- Experience with Verkada, Rhombus, Meraki, Milestone, Genetec, Exacq, Avigilon, Axis, Hikvision, OpenPath, Feenics, HID, and other industry players a plus.
- Experience deploying a VMS and cameras from the ground up.
- Understanding of network and POE requirements for physical security.
What we offer:
- Attractive salary with the possibility for stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Full-time role with a competitive base salary, and sales commissions
- A remote-friendly organization, with colleagues working remotely either part or full-time
- A startup with solid financial backing and long-term horizon
- An international group of colleagues, working on anything from hardware, software, user experience, artificial intelligence, machine learning, audio/video processing, and analytics, mechanical, and industrial design.
- Candidate will work from home with up to 50% travel