El Paso, TX
$75K – $95K
Position ID: MVS23004
For over 25 years our team of local professionals have been designing, building, and managing our 11,000+ mile owned and operated fiber network.
We are committed to providing fiber-driven solutions for even the highest-bandwidth consuming organizations, and to employing and empowering highly qualified people to serve you better than any other provider.
The position is a unique opportunity to
- Join a company that designs, builds, and operates new-technology-based telecom networks in the education, healthcare, enterprise, and carrier industries throughout the U.S.
- Work in a challenging environment that maintains the highest levels of integrity and reliability.
- The Sales Engineer acts as a customer and internal facing architect providing technical expertise, strategic planning, and recommendations for new business opportunities in existing or new markets.
- work with internal stakeholders to evaluate and design solutions for business and customer requirements using sound design principles and business practice methodologies without jeopardizing network integrity.
What you will be doing
- Collaborates with internal NA&E, Market, Product and Sales to understand market ecosystem requirements. Assists in developing methodology, procedure, and standards to design, implement and support product portfolio. The product portfolio includes Layer1-3 protocols and Equipment specifications.
- Accountable for physical design, scope of initial anchor build & general proximity to additional viable business opportunity locations that are identified by Market Developer and Sales.
- Accountable for review and delivery of opportunity pricing to Finance/Offer Management for all CAPEX/OPEX assumptions
- Customer facing support representing Technical Services Team
- Engineering/Construction/Operations (Technical Services) Efforts:
- Collaborates on fiber plant usage/reservations based on sales forecasts and Layer1-3 market strategy.
- Collaborates with Project Manager on fiber plant layout, sizing and requirements based on current and future market opportunities as it relates to construction in process and potential Sales opportunities.
- Accountable for review and delivery of opportunity pricing to Manager for all CAPEX/OPEX assumptions.
What you will need:
- Expert knowledge base of design fundamentals of telecommunications concepts, equipment and ancillary electronics with a knowledge base including, but not limited to:
- Network Equipment (CPE, Routers, Switches, NIDs, management devices, SFPs)
- Network concepts and protocols including but not limited to: MEF 2.0, Layer 1/2/3 concepts, TCP/IP data networks (MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, 802.1q, 802.1ah).
- VoIP terminology and concepts including SIP, Hosted PBX, Unified Communications
- Wireless concepts and design specific to wi-fi, microwave radio, antenna & ancillary equipment
- xWDM design concepts Connector specifications; SFP, SFP+, XFP, RJ-45, xBASE-T; Power systems (Ah, W, V) fundamentals
- Experience with selling to and/or Sales Engineering experience with Carrier, MSO, Hyperscale’s, WISPs, and Electric Co-Ops segments
- Good Organizational skills with attention to detail and a proven ability to read and interpret network schematics and equipment schedule documents.
Expertise and Fundamentals with the following programs/processes:
- Excel (Pivot charts, basic mathematics manipulations, reporting and formatting)
- CAD drafting & as-built documents
- Mapinfo, ArcGIS (Esri platforms)
- Fiber design tools (Mapcom M4, IQ Geo or similar)
- Google Earth
Motivated self-starter and technical lead participating in a team environment.
Communication and involvement with Sales & Marketing, Network Architecture & Engineering, Project Management and Operations Teams regarding business KPIs with ability to work and coordinate with multiple sources of input to collate a final set of data to complete a final product. Some sources will include:
- Sales & Marketing (Business fundamentals, Customer requirements, Costing)
- Legal (SLA/MSA, contract agreements support)
- Project Management (Site Walks, Power Systems, Customer SLAs, etc)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Network Engineering or similar education with five or more years directly related experience in a telecommunications service provider network.
What we offer
- Core values that embody teamwork, integrity, and excellence
- A super talented team who values hard work, success, and fun 🙂
- Work/ Life Balance
- Premium health benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending, etc.)
- Flexible and generous PTO schedule + paid holiday schedule
- 401K program