$100K – $120K base plus MBO’s
The Director of VDC Operations ensures that all aspects of the customer experience meet the promise of providing high-value telecom and IT solutions and exceptional customer care.
This position works with members of the internal sales team, provisioning and billing teams to review agreements, identify potential problem areas, secure commitments to agreed upon timelines and oversee the order process to ensure that customer expectations are met. This position works directly with carriers and other external partners to address and escalate (as necessary) issues that arise.
Attention to detail, accuracy, timely follow up and teamwork are critical to the success of this position.
Summary Key Result Areas:
- Ensure & Assure Customer Requirements Are Met
- Manage External Vendor Partner Operations Relationships
- Manage, Develop, & Supervise Operations Team Members & VDC Function
- Identify, Develop & Track Key Metrics and Outcomes
- Create, Manage and Improve Operational Processes and Outcomes
- Function Effectively as Part of the Management Team
- Supervise Account Management & Project Management
Detailed Key Result Areas:
- Ensure & Assure customer requirements are met by utilizing expertise with voice, data and cloud network delivery models and circuit provisioning processes for TDM, SIP, HPBX and SD-WAN services.
- Escalate Orders, Repairs, Issues that are stuck …Be the “voice” of the customer to escalate and resolve outages or trouble tickets following established processes.
- Work with Sales Team & Clients to gather as much critical information upfront to ensure missing information required to keep orders moving is minimal.
- Manage external vendor partner relationships (Direct Partners & Intelisys Partners) to achieved shared success.
- Identifying Suppliers that meet our detailed key results criterion.
- Maintain Records and provide data to help us validate which suppliers we can trust to get it done and who we need to work with to improve and/or avoid using.
- Intelisys Interface (Update on Suppliers)
- Research, recommend, and maintain supplier contracts and service order documentation.
- Establish and streamline order process with vendors to achieve faster install intervals.
- Establish and maintain on-going positive relationships with suppliers Operational Management teams.
- Serve as point of Escalation to Supplier Management when needed to resolve issues for our clients and VDC team.
- Manage, Develop, & Supervise Operations Team Members & Function
- Make staffing recommendations, train new employees, manage and develop employees.
- Manage team activities and results to meet budgets.
- Selection, Hiring, Onboarding / Offboarding
- Training, Knowledge & Skill
- Developmental (Person & Organization)
- Identify, Develop & Track Key Metrics and Outcomes.
- Develop Reports (within our Salesforce & RPM Systems) to track Key Operational KPI’s
- Mean Time to Repair by Vendor
- Number of Outages & Length of Outages by Vendor
- Mean Time to Install (From Order Signature Date to Carrier Install)
- Contract Renewal Dates (Identifying contracts that are coming up for renewal)
- Percentage Renewal Contracts Signed
- Percentage Churn (Lost Contracts)
- Create and improve operational processes and outcomes.
- Review current Operational Processes.
Identify Best Practices and Remove Barriers to success in each of the following areas:
- Generating Correct and Complete Carrier Paperwork
- Processing Signed Contracts
- Managing Orders to Installation
- Post Installation Issue Resolution (Billing, Trouble)
- MACD Process
- Repair & Resolution
- Account Management
Identify Ways to improve Process, Outcomes and increase operational efficiencies
- Test & Proof Process and Verify Outcomes
- Implement Proven Process as Operational Standard
- Function effectively as part of the management team –
- Interface with President, Sales Manager, Director of Managed Services, Director of Mobility Services, & Accounting Manager to provide leadership and profitable growth.
- Solicit input from sales and current operations teams in order to Identify, Design & Implement ways to improve sales processes that will create positive operational outcomes for our clients and streamline sales team involvement.
- Supervise Account Management & Project Management
- Lead and direct multiple, complex projects.
- Develop, maintain and manage staff and external partners to agreed upon installation schedules.
- Create reporting from both Salesforce and RPM to identify clients whose contracts are coming up for renewal (30,60,90,120 days). Assign and follow-up with Sales Team and Account Managers to renew accounts and sign new agreements.
- Proactively communicate changes to internal stakeholders (sales, Managed team, external partners and clients.
- Select and Recommend Sub-contractors (Outsourced Project Managers) to work with as part of our team.
- Interface, Manage and Assign Projects to Outsourced Project Managers
- Interface, Manage and Assign Projects to Provisioning Team
Education, Training or Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) preferred or equivalent work history.
- Carrier and/or related hardware and software certifications preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Experience and Skills Required
- Ten (10) years of experience in telecom network and/or voice engineering operational positions.
- Three years of leadership and/or supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects to completion.
- Experience managing department budget.
- Experience using and creating reports in salesforce.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.