Director of Broadcast Engineering
$245K – $285K, plus equity options
Position ID: MVS 22011
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Broadcast Engineering, the Director of Broadcast Engineering will support the definition of the vision and architecture of Broadcast Center modernization initiatives. The role will document technology roadmaps, recruit technical staff, help secure funding for, and execute infrastructure improvements and expansion initiatives. The Director will be a leader in and the evolution and conversion of traditional video transport technologies to IP-based, cloud-centric ones. This individual will contribute as a thought leader and change agent, motivating the technical teams to acquire and deploy new technologies that lower cost, increase uptime, and enable new services. This leader oversees and enhances an already high-performing team.
In this role, you will:
- Lead with strategic planning of Broadcast Center architecture and Capital plan.
- Document a technological vision and roadmap consistent with industry direction and future customer needs.
- Develop materials to secure C-level buy-in and funding for long-term capital plans
- Develop operating and capital budgets
- Manage and execute site plans and delivery commitments for improvement and expansion projects.
- Perform comparisons and identify synergies with company’s OTT operations and infrastructure
- Identify and deploy Apply Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning methods to increase operational speed, reduce errors, and reduce costs.
- Monitor challenging Objectives and Key Results (OKR) targets for all teams, ensuring cross organization alignment.
- Ensure meaningful and challenging goal plans, development plans, and performance appraisals his/her technical team.
- Administer Performance Appraisals and Talent Planning in line with company goals and standards.
- Contribute to succession planning for key roles
- Establish a Dev/Ops environment of continuous improvement in partnership with Operations leadership
- Plan and oversee a transition of existing Broadcast infrastructure to a Cloud-centric, IP-based architecture.
- Act as a change agent to drive technology evolution across the Broadcast technical teams.
- Consolidate disparate technology platforms to reach best in class and cost-effective operations
- Set the pace for reskilling and up training of legacy technology team members.
Requirements – Skill and Experience
- Networking, data center, and storage, and cloud computing (public and private).
- Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- IP-based video
- Uplink systems design experience
- Distributed audio/video networks.
- Dev/Ops approach to design and implement consumer video networks.
- Video network security and architecture
The successful candidate will have:
- BS from a four-year college or university with an engineering or computer science background. MS preferred.
- Proficiency with Google Platform and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of legacy video networks, advanced video delivery methods, software, IP, broadband, satellite, network security, digital hardware, satellite communications, and ground station technology.