Director Broadcast Center Operations
$245K – $285K, plus equity options
Position ID: MVS22012
Reporting to the Vice President of Broadcast Operations, the Director of Broadcast Center/Operations will support the execution and operations of the technologies implemented by the engineering team. The role will constantly work to improve performance and efficiency of the Broadcast Center operations and ensure service interruptions are restored in a productive manner. He or she will lead the operations of multiple departments (Technical Operations Center, Master Control, Support organization) providing service to DISH customers.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and manage aggressive metrics that improve team performance and customer satisfaction.
- Support process development and documentation creating legacy knowledge and efficiencies for operating the business.
- Lead efforts to create a more technically advanced workforce, capable of maintaining and monitoring IP-based equipment.
- Implement the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning to make the workforce more efficient and accurate in its daily execution of service-impacting changes.
- Consolidate technology platforms from various company acquisitions into a single, more robust, and efficient platform.
Requirements – Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this role will bring a mastery of IP networking to lead the transition of our Broadcast Centers from our current operating environment to the future of an IP-based operational organization. The individual will have experience with trouble analysis and reporting, documentation and communicating with stakeholders. He or she will demonstrate natural leadership skills, with the ability to influence and inspire a cross-functional team and influence senior engineering and senior executive leadership.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proficiency with quality control, quality assurance, exception monitoring and system reliability tools.
- Experience in data harvesting to identify predictive trends that enable technicians to isolate and restore services, preferably before they become customer impacting.
- Understanding of AI/ML automation of human intensive video monitoring and control functions.
- Strong networking, data center, storage, and cloud computing experience highly desirable.
- Expertise with data and problem analysis, creative problem solving and detailed design thinking.
- Customer- and results-oriented mentality; highly organized, highly analytical, and procedural and a creative and strategic thinker who has the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
- BA, BS, BBA or equivalent from a four-year college or university is strongly preferred, with eight plus years of relevant technical operations leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Work locations could be any of the following:
- Cheyenne, WY
- Denver, CO
- Gilbert, AZ